Areas of special interest to us include:
- Climate change assessment and carbon markets.
- Stumpage price analysis, supply assessment, and outlook work.
- Assessing current industry market trends, especially in less well-covered niches such as specialty lumber grades, value added items, biomass, and mulch markets.
- Environmental Certification, including FSC auditing, readiness audits, and related evaluations of management programs.
- Public policy analysis, including trade issues.
- Economic impact assessments on mills or public policies
- Strategic assessment of industry trends and outlook.
- Assessments of trends in land use and landownership.
- Due diligence on wood-fired powerplant transactions.
We set up project teams with outside associates to match the needs of a specific project.
Over the years, much of our work has been in the northeast, Lake States, and Eastern Canada, with occasional projects for national groups and in other regions.